All work performed comes with a standard (2) two-year workmanship & materials warranty on all residential asphalt work and a 1-year warranty on Pavers, Commercial, and all other work from the date of completion, unless specified below or in your contract.
This Standard Limited Warranty applies and is limited as follows:
- NVN Paving must be notified immediately in writing within ten (10) days of first knowledge of the defect by the owner or his agent. If, after inspection, NVN Paving determines the condition of the claim is covered under the terms of this warranty, we will provide enough material and labor to properly repair the affected area, with minimal visibility, if any, within a reasonable period. The forgoing will be the only remedy for the property covered. The supply of all replacement materials and labor will not extend the current warranty for the property covered.
- The property must remain in the possession of the original owner.
- The driveway has not been subject to accident, misuse, abuse, or excessive power steering usage while stationary.
- The driveway has not been modified, altered, defaced, or had repairs made or attempted by others.
- It takes approximately 30-90 days for asphalt to cure in extremely hot and humid weather. After completion of your driveway, the asphalt needs to harden. You should not use your driveway for motor vehicles for 3 to 5 days. Until the driveway cures or after the five-day waiting period, you should be careful not to indent the driveway with power steering marks. This means that the car should have enough momentum while turning the steering wheel, thread Marks, power steering marks, or marks due to loss of traction are not covered and may affect the warranty.
The warranty excludes:
- Cracking or settling of the pavement is caused by sub-surface ground conditions, puddles on the surface with less than 1.5 percent grade, and normal wear and tear. Any such area determined to fall within the warranty parameters will be repaired according to industry standards. The repair will be patched and have minimal, if any visibility.
- Acts of nature (cracks, breakage, settling, heaving or unraveling). Pyrites are sometimes found in the stone or aggregate used to make asphalt. Water can penetrate asphalt, and if it contains Pyrites, it will get wet and begin to rust. The rust stain eventually comes to the surface, causing brown spots/streaks on the asphalt. We recommend sealing and coating the driveway by the first winter or within one year of installation. Seal coating the pavement will slow down the rusting of pyrites by preventing some of the water from entering the pavement.
- Asphalt failure due to shifting of underground wires, utilities, culverts, weeds, ground movement, drought or compaction of the earth’s soils, root systems of surrounding trees/landscaping, oxidation through ultraviolet rays, and groundwater under pavement causing undue moisture of pavement base.
- Cracking or breaking near edges caused by excessive weight or repetitive driving near unsupported edges. Standard 2″-2-1/2″ thickness is adequate for most cars and small trucks. The thickness of 3″-4″ should be considered and not limited to motor homes, campers, trucks with trailers, delivery trucks, construction/farm equipment, etc.
- Damage caused by impact or exposure to/from any foreign substance or another mistreatment of paved surfaces, such as but not limited to motorcycle stands, dumpsters, jacks, kickstands, and even things like lawn chairs. Oil or gas spills that damage asphalt are not covered under any warranty.
- NVN Paving is not responsible for Water Damage. Flowing water should be properly irrigated.
- All warranties void if excavation and sub-base work was completed by another company.
There is no Warranty on repair jobs, patchwork, and seal coat/protective sealant.
- Seal Coating, crack sealing, and line striping carries a 90-day limited warranty. This warranty does not cover damage due to sprinkler systems left on during or after installation, tire marks, weather-related damage (rain, wind, etc.) & people or animals walking across wet seal coat or paint.
- There is no Warranty on pothole repair or asphalt repairs in parking lots with major cracking. All newly installed curbing carries a 1-year limited warranty of materials and workmanship, while all curbing repairs of any kind carry no warranty. Be Aware that SEAL COATING is Perishable.
NVN Paving LLC has the right to refuse or alter any warranty at the time of bidding with disclosure on the proposal.
*Due to the demand for parking and traffic flow, it is hard to keep vehicles off a newly paved surface in a commercial parking lot. Vehicles are constantly stopping, starting, and turning their wheels on fresh asphalt. Therefore, we cannot warranty tire marks on newly paved commercial parking lots.
*Under no circumstances shall NVN Paving LLC be liable by virtue of this warranty or otherwise for damage to any person or property whatsoever for any special, indirect, secondary, or consequential damages of any nature, however arising out of the use or inability to use because of an installation or materials defect.
NVN PAVING LLC – LIC #: 13VH09061100